<VV> Why you should carry a fire extinguisher...

Zane Brock zanebrock at bellsouth.net
Wed May 30 09:56:21 EDT 2007

Sorry for your loss there Bill. I too have used a small dry chemical
extinguisher on a car fire. They're virtually worthless. On the other hand a
CO2 extinguisher not only robs the fire of O2 but also cools everything that
is melting and the hot wires to boot. In the field Army guys would pull the
CO2 extinguisher from the vehicle and cool off a 12 pack. The other system
uses foam and fills up everything, very messy. Jay Leno once said he pulled
the ring on his foam system in a AC Cobra by accident while sitting in
traffic. It filled the car to his chest. How embarrassing.

Regards,

Zane Brock
zanebrock at bellsouth.net
678-494-5281office