<VV> Valve Seats

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Thu Nov 15 00:13:19 EST 2007

20 years ago I was having seats replaced on many Corvair engines. I had
a shop ( actually it was called "The Shop") in Hopewell, VA do many
heads for me. Maybe it is the humidity, and the seats were rusting out
just like the car bodies! ggggg

Even back then although 140s were the main  culprits, turbos, 110s and
95s all dropped seats. I have seen a 110 driven so long that the seat
would no longer touch any aluminum part of the head...... but it was
still hanging on the intake valve. That was about 1980. (64 Monza Conv).

Frank DuVal