<VV> Corvair humor

Dennis Dorogi dfamily at fairpoint.net
Sat Nov 17 14:39:54 EST 2007

About 8 years ago I completed a restoration on my son's 65 monza coupe with a 140 hp engine in it.  I installed the secondary carbs but was missing the linkage rods from the lockout lever to the chokes.  I meant to pick them up somewhere and install them later.  Well time goes by.  I never drove a 140 before and was not impressed by its power. Not much better than my 110hp convertible.  My son picked up the car and drove it for the next 8 years in Buffalo about and hour away.  Last fall he brought it back home to fix a sticky accelerator pedal.  I looked at the engine and immediately noticed the lacking linkage.  I took off the lockout lever and man that corvair could just fly.  We were both impressed with the car - and my failing memory.  I still can't believe I forgot  about that linkage for all those years.

Dennis Dorogi
65 monza 4dr
63 rampside