<VV> Dumb and Dumberer

Charles Lee chaz at ProperProPer.com
Tue Nov 20 00:44:07 EST 2007

Trusting someone else is not usually a good idea, or at least maybe "trust
but verify" ?

Some mechanics make it tough to "verify" them - they take offense for some
reason ...

Like the one who put new tires on my 66 Corsa I was towing from LI, NY to
NC, about 600 + miles with my buddy's 74 Chevy Van with a 350/350 V8?

I tried to check the lugs before towing her but he got so angry that I
didn't trust him to do something so simple, so I left without checking.

I should have stopped around the corner and checked, but I didn't until a
cop pulled me over, along with an angry motorist who now had a nice
"Darlington Stripe" across the hood of his car.

This 350/350 V8 was so strong I didn't know I was dragging the right rear
corner at 70 MPH !

My fault for not following the "trust but verify" rule myself.

I will not forget that one (it was my friend's insurance !)