<VV> Kelsey Hayes Wire Wheels

Gates, Wes wes.gates at stryker.com
Tue Oct 2 21:17:03 EDT 2007

Hi, I read with interest your post about the RPO 697 option on Corvairs.
I am trying to identify a set of KH wheels that I inherited from my
grandfather. They are 13x5.5J, 60 spoke, with knockoffs. My research
says they are from a Corvair, but there is a winkle, the bolt on hubs
are 5 on 4.5" bolt pattern, same as early Ford. Two are date stamped 61
and two are 62.

I cant find any fords from those years with that size wheel, so I'm
beginning to wonder if the hubs don't belong with the wheels. I've
attached some pics.

I would appreciate any help in solving this mystery!

Wes