<VV> RE: Front suspension rebuild advice

Craig Nicol nicolcs at aol.com
Fri Oct 12 11:22:16 EDT 2007

John said:
<snip>I use a 1/2 inch threaded rod inserted in place of the shock absorber
to hold the spring tension while I pop the ball joints, then unscrew the nut
to allow the spring to relax. John Ryall<unsnip>

Craig replies:
Great idea!  I'm going to have to try that one. One thing I would add would
be to do the lower ball joint first (spring assist) and then the upper ball
joint (gravity assist).  Question: Do you use the threaded rod on re
assembly too?
Craig Nicol