<VV> ethanol?

kenpepke at juno.com kenpepke at juno.com
Mon Oct 15 14:00:38 EDT 2007

Yes on ethanol (up to 10%) being a non-issue.  As to octane, the higher the
better for a 102, especially if equipped with a pg. /Steve O/'63 conv/110/pg

In the mid 60s I drove a 102hp PG convertible.  I traveled 30 miles each way to work and picked up my friend Dennis on the way.  On evening I went to my local Sunoco station intent on filling up with 220  blend but they were out of regular.  Still, I really needed gas so I filled it with 280.  I drove my friend to work the next morning and he slept most of the way.  When we left in the evening I pulled out of the parking lot and stepped on it to blend into traffic.  Dennis, riding passenger said 'WOW! What did you do to the car? :-)  It made so much difference that my passenger to tell!

Ken Pepke