<VV> Creaks & Groans from Greenbrier Side Doors & Limp Handle

Mikeamauro at aol.com Mikeamauro at aol.com
Sun Oct 21 21:17:52 EDT 2007

Been adding washers under the metal shims and have reduced the noises;
however, still kinda' noisy when going over even small bumps. I'd like to  do two
things: replace the added washers with the  correct double-slotted steel
spacers (PN: 3778721), and replace the  hard, cracked rubber bumpers (PN: 3776353).
Does anyone have shims and good  used or NOS rubber wedges they's care to sell?

Also, (facing the side doors) for the left hand door, the  lower interlock
parts are missing: the L-bracket (PN: 3778932) and the  accepting,
threshold-mounted block (PN:3778928). Looking to buy these  parts, also.

And finally, the twist down handle for the side door is not returning  to the
full horizontal; what is the prescribed fix for that malady? Looking in  the
parts book I see a cylindrical spring (PN: 3813466) located between the  base
of the handle and the handle escutcheon; is the spring the  culprit? Ditto:
would like to buy a replacement spring if someone has one  they are willing to
part with.

And if anyone would like to toss some pearls of wisdom my way on  de-creaking
the side doors, or un-limping the side door handle, I'm always an  attentive
listener.

Much obliged,
Mike Mauro
64 Greenbrier Deluxe and other Vairs