<VV> Stolen Toyata found - some Corvair Content

Bill Hubbell whubbell at cox.net
Sun Oct 21 23:39:24 EDT 2007

I've just returned from the CORSA/NC fall affair - had a wonderful time and
I shall try to write more about that later, but tonight I wish to inform all
those folk who heard about my wife's 2003 Toyota Corolla being stolen from
our driveway Friday night/Saturday morning that the car has been recovered
and returned to us this evening with only some minor damage to the hood and
one fender.

What's the Corvair content?  It seems that my keys to the Toyota were found
in the car and were undoubtedly used to steal it, as there was no sign of
forced entry or damage to the ignition system.  How did they get there,
considering my wife had the car at work when I left early Friday morning for
the Charlotte show?  Well, I also have the key to my Caravan on that key
ring and I had to move the Caravan that morning to get my 1964 sedan
("Alice") out of the garage.  I can only surmise that I must have left the
key ring sitting out somewhere where the thief could find it.

So it looks like my haste to get out to the show inadvertently gave the
thief the opportunity to steal the car.  My wife is not amused.

The good news is we got the car and all its contents back (including the
garage door opener) and nobody was hurt (well, not yet anyway - we shall see
what happens to me tomorrow when Mary Ann gets home from work).

Bill Hubbell