<VV> BBRT Vs WTBRT

Smitty Smith vairologist at verizon.net
Mon Oct 22 00:41:33 EDT 2007

Smitty Says:   My friends were asking how the autocross turned out (I have two of them you know).  It was a beautiful day and lots of great racing iron showed up along with some beautiful iron from the concours crowd.  Folks looking to get the Bambauer Award, which is NCs equivlent to the Cole Award.  Spike had been unjustly and unceremoniously booted up into a competition class, street tires and all.  Nobody ever said life is fair though so I bolted on a set of race tires which my BBRT associate member friend had brought down from Richmond.  Hey, if them guys are allowed sticky slicks then they shouldn't mind Spike wearing gofast tires.  In the pits I had a hard time controling Spike as every time he got near the BEEF car he raised one leg and expressed himself.  Spike was wearing his new secret weapon which is a brand new BBRT decal about 14 inches in diameter.  That's got to help in a speed event.
  Whopper Jr was first of the two team cars out on the track making great roaring sounds as he ripped around the corners and screamed down the straights.  Small children ran and hid at the sight of the great fire belching monster laying waste to the asphalt.  Spike was somewhat taken aback at the sight but he stood his ground by the starting gate like the tough mutt he is.  Whopper Jr established a time to beat and gave Spike a goal to shoot for.  I felt bad that I, of the decrepit body, slow reflexes and arthuretic hands had to ushure him around the track under such demanding conditions.  All I could do was try.  So we went out and beat Jr.s time by just a leetle bit.  Man, that damn car will hurt you going around corners.  So far so good but Jr wasn't the one I feared.  The Big Whopper of WTBRT.  "The Man" himself was yet to run.  I don't know what they did to 112 back in the pits but it came thundering out with asphalt melting underneath and shaking chunks of concrete
 off nearby buildings.  I must take a break here and tell you that Spike never exhibits that kind of unseemly behavior.  Just a gentle woooosh with a bit of turbo whine and he is gone.  So the Boss of WTBRT unleashes his monster and turns in a scorching time which elipses Spikes and Smitty's best by a second.  Oh horrors, now I must face the wrath of the Boss of BBRT.  But all may not be lost.  My Friend Paul Whelen who has cleaned my clock at autocross for 25 years has recently had the title of Associate Member of BBRT bestowed on him, and he is next to drive Spike.  Paul takes Spike for a brisk romp in the sun and when he comes back it is time for counting the chips and adding up the missed pylons.
It was a great day for racing.  The presence of guys like Warren Leveque and Dave Clemmons made for some exciting runs.  I probably shouldn't tell you this but Warren loaned Dave his car for a run.  You all know what happens when a guy does that