<VV> rough '63 vert for sale in East Brunswick, NJ

Wrsssatty at aol.com Wrsssatty at aol.com
Mon Oct 29 14:16:16 EST 2007

FYI,

An ad in the Asbury Park Press (NJ) was brought to my attention which reads:

'63 Corvair Convertible. For restoration.  2 engines.  $1,000.  Attila (732)
254-6501

Sunday I called Attila (I'll spare you the Hun jokes).  He said he runs a
"salvage" yard and is retiring to Hungary and must clear out inventory.  The car
is at the salvage yard at 17 Harts Lane in East Brunswick, NJ.  He said he has
to sell it by Nov. 17th when he leaves for Hungary.  I stopped by to look at
it.  It's definitely a salvage yard car although it probably is technically
restorable.  Everything seems to be there except the canvas on the roof rails
and the air in the tires.  I didn't see the spare engine.  There is some rust
through around the wheel well openings and an area about a square inch or more
neatly cut from the passenger side "eye brow" above the right head lights.
$1,000 is way too much but someone may get a good bargain on a parts car or a
restoration project for the hearty among us closer to Attila's November 17th
departure date.  BTW, not that color much matters in this condition but, for what
it's worth, the color was indeed as Attila described it on the phone when he
said it was "that ugly green which I really don't like."  Everyone's a critic.

~Bill Stanley