<VV> Electric Fuel Pumps vs Diaphragm

FrankCB at aol.com FrankCB at aol.com
Sun Sep 2 11:39:43 EDT 2007

John,
    One major advantage of an electric fuel pump is the  ability to run it
WITHOUT running the engine.  This way you can use it to  fill up the carbs on
engines that haven't been run for a few months.  All  it takes is a bypass
pushbutton under the dash to activate BEFORE you start the  engine.  This is
especially good for turbos where the carb is a LOOOOOONG  way from the intake valves.
    You can even install the electric pumps in the gas  tank where any leaks
won't contaminate the crankcase or be released into the  engine compartment.
    Frank "stock is a good beginning" Burkhard

In a  message dated 9/1/2007 8:12:33 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,