<VV> Electric Fuel Pumps vs Diaphragm

Ron ronh at owt.com
Sun Sep 2 12:40:55 EDT 2007

But, when an engine hasn't been run for a long time, you don't want it to
start immediately!  Ten or fifteen seconds of cranking while the carburetors
fill up will also bring up the oil pressure and oil all of the bearings.
I've noticed that the oil pressure light goes off before the engine starts
on those occasions.  It appears that all problems are solved by using the
stock pump.  Of course, some people have an unexplained compulsion to spend
money on something and I suppose electric fuel pumps are as good as cigars
or jewelry.
RonH