<VV> Seeking donations - very little Corvair

Grant Young gyoungwolf at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 3 18:40:14 EDT 2007

Hi All,
I am seeking any donations of scale models of any kind, modeling magazines, and yes, even money to help keep the Scale Modelers Club at my high school going strong. This will be our third year as an organization, and we are growing each year. We started with about 20 kids, then went to almost 40, and I'm hoping for more this year. Many of you have already helped keep this going. I especially enjoy sponsoring the club, having been an avid modeler myself. And, as a math teacher, I also enjoy seeing the kids learning about things that are related to engineering, math, science, reading, drafting, and art, etc. without them knowing it. We have girls and boys, preps and nerds, rookies and advanced builders all working together. It keeps them away from video games and off their cell phones for a while. For some it is their first school club, and since about half or our kids are on a free or reduced lunch program, I can't charge much for dues. Any and all would be appreciated. The good news is that we had 3 Corvair models in the school show and contest last year and one in the diorama category (a '60's car lot) was the grand prize winner. Just drop me a line if you can help. Our show and contest this school year is in January, so I would like to get them working on something before the Christmas vacation period. Thanks
Grant Young