<VV> Re: PCs and power

Thesuperscribe at cs.com Thesuperscribe at cs.com
Fri Sep 7 23:13:17 EDT 2007

Guys,

A UPS (delivered by UPS?) is one way to handle a spikey and intermittant
power situation. Another is to chuck the whole desktop PC and its mess of cables
and ports that you can't get at without pulling the thing out or tipping it
forward. Chuck it and get a good laptop. Its built-in battery will run the thing
for several hours without power. Plug it in through a surge protector (which
you' should do anyway) and you're safe. And you're good to go, at home and away
'cause you can easily take it with you.

Moderately priced laptops (under $1,000) these days come with a DVD/CD player
and burner, big-capacity harddrive, and about everything else you'd need. I
converted from a desktop to a laptop about three years ago and would NEVER go
back.

--Tom Berg

***

In a message dated 9/7/2007 1:43:41 PM Eastern Daylight Time,