<VV> Re: PCs and power

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Sat Sep 8 09:08:39 EDT 2007

   So you don't wear bifocals?
   I  don't  like the crick in the neck from straining to read the laptop
   screen. I need a screen at a far distance, but I need to type close to
   me.
   Hate having no number keypad. I do a lot of number entry.
   But, the desktop is hard to carry through airport security!
   Frank DuVal
   [1]Thesuperscribe at cs.com wrote:

Guys,

A UPS (delivered by UPS?) is one way to handle a spikey and intermittant
power situation. Another is to chuck the whole desktop PC and its mess of cable
and ports that you can't get at without pulling the thing out or tipping it
forward. Chuck it and get a good laptop. Its built-in battery will run the thin
for several hours without power. Plug it in through a surge protector (which
you' should do anyway) and you're safe. And you're good to go, at home and away

'cause you can easily take it with you.

Moderately priced laptops (under $1,000) these days come with a DVD/CD player
and burner, big-capacity harddrive, and about everything else you'd need. I
converted from a desktop to a laptop about three years ago and would NEVER go
back.

--Tom Berg

***

In a message dated 9/7/2007 1:43:41 PM Eastern Daylight Time,