<VV> The fake "Super Spyder"

Melissa Layman melissa_layman at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 11 08:04:03 EDT 2007

Tony, et al:

Ebay takes fakes and misrepresentations very seriously.  They apparently will (at the least) investigate each report or complaint individually.  I have seen them pull listings that are misrepresented or inaccurate.  I would encourage you to go ahead and report your concerns to them.  Their reputation relies on their sellers being open and honest about their listings, but of course with the thousands of listings they rely on the "eBay community" for some of it's policing duties.  I would report it myself, but being a newbie I wouldn't be able to post nearly as convincing an argument as you guys would. Just picture the winning bidder as someone's son, who worked like a dog to save up for a "cool car", winning it and getting that car instead of what he thought he was getting.

Just a thought from the new chick on the block,

Mel.

'63 Monza Spyder 'Vert> >>The well traveled custom early convertible is for sale again. It is > >>being called the "super spyder" but actually has no relation to the > >>"REAL" Super Spyders built by GM as show cars. The story they have > >>in the ad is a total bunch of Baloney. It is a nicely done custom > >>by a former owner, but is certainly not a GM built show car. I hate > >>it when blatantly false info is used to advertise a car.> >>It is not 1 of 2 made by GM!!! Its obviously cobbled together, > >>using parts from several different year Corvairs. The split bumpers > >>are obviously cut downs, the "Super" in the super spyder script > >>emblems is cut down from a stock "Spyder" emblem. 140 emblen from a > >>66-69 model as well as a late model 140 engine. etc etc!! Someone > >>should set them straight, but I doubt they would listen. The car is > >>probably worth more if some unsuspecting buyer thinks its some one > >>off custom show car from GM, instead of owner modified car that it > >>is. I've seen many shortened early models, the body line allows > >>this modification. This one is done well, but I want those on the > >>list to be aware it is not a real GM showcar.> >