PG Turbos?? Re: <VV> Re: TURBO BENT VANES

FrankCB at aol.com FrankCB at aol.com
Tue Sep 11 11:17:17 EDT 2007

Tim,
    Actually, you CAN have Corvair turbos WITH  powerglides.  I think it was
Billy Bruce who ran his turbo PG at the  dragstrip at the Louisville, KY
Convention and set the FTD of around 13 seconds  for the quarter mile.  And
personally I think turbos are a GREAT match with  automatic transmissions.  How else
can you make boost even BEFORE  the car begins to move??  Just remember when
you do this you're dumping  lots of HP into the auto trans fluid which raises
its temp VERY fast.   Better use synthetic ATF.
    Frank "if it don't go, blow it" Burkhad

In a message dated 9/10/2007 3:48:40 PM Eastern Daylight Time,  N2VZD at aol.com