<VV> Throwing Stones at AMERICAN HOTROD

George Jones 65crownv8 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 10:46:42 EDT 2007

Mark,

You always have the option of buying a copy of every automobile ever made
and putting them in a warehouse somewhere, that way you can go look at your
private museum any time you want. Frankly, I'm not going to tell any vehicle
owner what he/she can do with their own vehicle, unless they are doing
something illegal with it. This kind of attitude is what makes recruiting
the younger generation difficult. When you get criticized about the
modifications you do to a car, by fellow car club members, it makes you want
to sell the car and move onto something different, or just quit the club.
I've experienced this a number of times, with my current V8 conversion, as
well as my previous 68 convertible show car with Camaro inspired stripes.
Fortunate for me, I have thick skin and I just consider the source.

As far as preserving history, I believe there are so many "T's & A's" out
there in original configuration that we don't have to worry about one more
going by the wayside.

JMHO

On 9/14/07, Mark Corbin <airvair at earthlink.net> wrote:

> You can look at it from a strictly financial viewpoint, but if you do,
> you'll also have to agree to bulldoze most every historic building, land
> site, etc. in America. That's because most every historic site we have
> sits
> on property that could be put to more lucrative commercial ventures.
>
> So in reality, taking a strictly monetary view of the world would indeed
> make us that much poorer, not in money, but in heritage. All they are are
> mercenary idiots, destroying a nice antique car for the sake of a flash on
> a TV show. Nothing but ego and greed. I say, we SHOULD "throw rocks" at
> American Hotrod. They deserve it!
>
> Anybody got their email address? We should give them an earfull of hate
> mail.
>
> -Mark
>
> P.S. What if they had done that to, say, 5999, or the Super Monza, or the
> Monza GT? Fortunately, those cars are out of such idiots' reach. (Corvair
> content)
>
> --
George Jones
Tidewater Corvair Club (since 1987)
Central Virginia Corvair Club (since 2006)
Corviar Society of America (CORSA)(since 1987)
'65 Monza Crown V8 Convertible
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2397326
'66 Monza Coupe Custom (in progress)