<VV> Tires: Cooper Cobra GT...report

Ken Campbell deltainc at grm.net
Mon Sep 24 21:57:56 EDT 2007

Well, we are on our 3rd set of Cooper Cobra GT on our little Ranger 4 banger
auto gopher truck ... the good news is they seem to be a quality tire .. the
bad news ( for the Ranger ) is that seem to wear a tad faster than others
... maybe we have 35000 miles on them when change depth occurs ... note that
you cant drive a ranger 4 banger fast, so I expected maybe 50K on the tires

The good news is that probably means the compound is just right sticky wise
for street corvairs, so you can play a bit ... and corvairs don[t seem to
wear tires out anyway, so good for 'em.

... I just today ordered a Cooper Cobra for my unbreakable ( I try ) Ford
Tempo .. 185 x 14 x 70R ... so this looks like a reasonable tire for any
upwheeled vairs ( $85 mounted etc. ) ...
*********
anecdotally yours in iwa, ken campbell