<VV> Corvair body protection accessories

Jim Bannister jimster1 at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 26 01:05:40 EDT 2007

I'm not a big fan of auto bras in general.  My objections fall into two
categories.  First, any grit that you encounter that lodges behind the bra
will start doing a secondary sanding of your nice shiny finish.  Secondly,
depending on where you store the car, the part under the bra is in perpetual
shade and thus will not fade like the rest of the car.  In general, bras are
great until you remove them after long term use, then the damage will
already be there.  You might consider the thin plastic foil that is now
available.  One popular brand is 3M but I'm sure that there are others.
It's almost invisible and will protect your front end from rock chips etc.
Jim

  Has anyone used a popular
east coast vendor's mask (bra) or know of a good alternative?  Also,
I would like to add body side moulding, preferably non-painted in
time to have it painted the color of my car and installed before the
middle of October.  Any ideas as to reputable vendors who know what a
Corvair is.