<VV> Troubleshooting

Chris Mann cfmann at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 28 22:11:28 EDT 2007

I quickly wish to say thank you to all so far in helping me. I have two jacks, Sears 4 corner type and 3 ton capacity at each point, and so I have the heart of the car up in the air now. I have to admit, you have to very trusting working underneath on a creeper with this configuration. I know its safe but I'll get used to it I guess.

And so I have taken the left side exhaust off up to the manifold, I am basically trying to rectify all the illegitimate repairs that have been made to the car, and the way that Midas butchered the left side, I figured it must go. So I fired it up and warmed up the engine, and went around with a flashlight looking for suspects.

I think I have oil in the exhaust manifold, and I'm not feeling very well anymore. I no this might be internal nastiness. And it would explain the large amounts of blowby I have been trying to clean away. This issue just might cause me to strip the car down and start from ground zero. What I once thought were few grelims are begining to look like a bigger monster; and a more expensive to boot.

Any advice on how I might verify this hunch or and encouragement would be nice right now.

Chris
69 monza 140/4