<VV> external oil cooler

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Sun Apr 6 18:39:39 EDT 2008

Bruce,  I installed an oil temp gauge on a friend's 110 PG with AC as  a test
when he and I disagreed about straight weight (30 or 40) oil for summer
versus his preference for a 10W30 or 20W50.  Don also autocrossed his car  for fun
(he didn't win, but he sure beat a lot of other cars).  We saw oil  temps in
the 350 to 390 range after a hard run in the mountains or on a hot day  at an
autocross.  I have always changed my oil at 3000 miles or three  months
(whether it needed it or not :) ) .  My advice to Arend in based on  the fact that I
have seen more Corvairs that overheated because they were not  properly
cooled due to missing sheet metal, slipping fan belts, blocked cooling  fins or
damaged or missing perimeter seals.  I'm sure your car needs the  extra cooler
for your uses and that it is well maintained.  (And someday I  will add an oil
temp gauge to my Greenbrier--I've had the gauge for years--just  haven't
installed it.)

Bob Hall