<VV> tires, was: Rims

Bruce Schug bwschug at charter.net
Sun Apr 20 12:42:22 EDT 2008

On Apr 20, 2008, at 12:18 PM, Mark Corbin wrote:

> But don't we wish! I imagine if there had been a 14" wheel option,
> NObody
> would have 13's on their car. There'd be more Corvairs out there
> sporting
> 14's than would have been built with that option. LOL
>
> Which begs the question, what happens when we DO run out of 13"
> tires? I'm
> of course discounting the 6.50-13" bias plies that Coker sells,
> which are
> too small to be considered correct for LM's. Besides, who in their
> right
> mind would run a bias ply on a Corvair?

I think the best solution for those who wish to look original but who
would like to run 14" wheels is to get some 14 x 6 steel wheels and
run either 205/70-14's, which are the correct diameter to replace
7.00-13's or 195/70-14's, which are a bit taller than 6.50-13's. Then,
get some 14" wire wheel covers with spinners that look like the
Corvair 13's. Most people will never know that you don't have 13's.

Now, in a few years when those 14" sizes become scarce, we'll have to
figure out something else.

Bruce

Bruce W. Schug
Treasurer, CORSA South Carolina