<VV> Bias vs. radial

John Kepler jekepler at amplex.net
Tue Apr 22 11:34:49 EDT 2008

In comparison to what?  If your meaning is they'll hold air and are made out
of some flavor of elastomer....then you're right!  I mean, set the bar low
enough and steel-lugged early 20th Century tractor wheel is a
"high-performance tire".

Forget about their wet-pavement (non)-performance, forget about the damn
things over-heating and coming apart, forget about the tire going through
more gyrations than a pole-dancer in a corner making every turn an
adventure......forget about enough performance issues and they're just
great!  So dad-blamed great that they're building radials for lawn tractors!

for example many vintage
race
> cars race on them - like early Trans AM Camaros and Mustangs turning
times
> far better than they did when they were new.  Certainly radial tires are
> far better tire choice in most cases.

Please elucidate ONE case where bias-ply tires on an automobile are better
than a radial?

John