<VV> Bias vs. radial

mopar at jbcs2.net mopar at jbcs2.net
Tue Apr 22 14:55:14 EDT 2008

John said [in part]

Please elucidate ONE case where bias-ply tires on an automobile are better
than a radial?

One case where bias ply tires are better?
Well for AACA and several other concours you lose serious points or may be
considered "modified" if you have anything other than OEM bias ply. Yes, I
know CORSA allows radials, several other car clubs do not.

When radials first came out, and everyone was switching, I was a poor
college student working in a garage. I got by on everyones cast offs for
years!

I do have a set of bias wide whites on my 62 Rat Rod Corvair.........ride
fine! Genuine Atlas tires too! Not quite as old as I am, but

Gary Swiatowy