<VV> 140 heads MY opinion, lifters and springs

iscdirector iscdirector at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 2 23:40:18 EDT 2008

Which am I mistaken about? The early 80HP 60-63used a spring w/no damper and a weak lifter with a short travel, this I know we agree on. All the HP engines after 61 used the 3799644 lifter which is also used in small blocks, Chevy 4 cyl and some in line 6 engines from 1958 thru the 70's. All the HP Corvair engines (and base after 63) use the 3735381 valve spring w/damper that was used on most small blocks, 4cyl, and some 6cyl from 58 thru 70's. This is why today we can easily get these items even at your local auto parts store. If they were Corvair "special" items it would be much more expensive to have these parts available.
Dan Kidder
Daytona Beach