<VV> voltmeter reading--overcharging

John McMahon latin81 at comcast.net
Sat Aug 16 12:41:34 EDT 2008

Hi,

I think it was Patio Matt who asked what my voltmeter reading was once I got
my digital meter sorted out.  This is a 1965 Monza, if that matters.  At
idle, I'm getting about 15 volts, and it rises to over 17 volts as I rev the
engine.  I'm not sure how high it will go, but I don't need to find out.  I
have one of the new non-GM regulators, and I *thought* all I had to do was
to plug in the plastic connector.  I have noticed that there is a single
male connector on one of the other sides of the regulator, but I don't know
what goes there.  Electrickery is not my friend, so before I go horsing
around blindly, I thought I should seek wisdom.

Thanks,

John McMahon
1965 Monza coupe