<VV> voltmeter reading--overcharging

Harry Yarnell hyarnell1 at earthlink.net
Sat Aug 16 13:58:49 EDT 2008

Hmmm.17 volts is the max you'll get. Keep that up, and you'll cook the
battery. 15 volts is kinda high, BUT that maybe ok if it starts going down.
Normal charging should be around 13-14 volts, but could go higher depending
on the charge of the battery. High loads (starter, headlights) pull alot of
current from the battery. The regulator will up the charge voltage to
quickly replace this current, then back down to the 13-14 volt range.
The terminal on the side of the regulator is for a condenser to reduce whine
in the radio.

Harry Yarnell
Perryman garage and orphanage
Perryman, MD