<VV> voltmeter reading--overcharging

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Sat Aug 16 19:49:35 EDT 2008

To confirm the calibration of your voltmeter (ie to determine if the 15
to 17 volts you read is accurate), read the voltage on several cars with
the engine off. The volt meter should read around 12.6 volts if the car
was driven in the last day. If the car was just shut off, sometimes it
reads near 13 volts.

Harry is right, a real 15 to 17 volts is too much on a charged battery.
Check or swap out the regulator.

Frank DuVal