<VV> Leaking carb

Grant Young gyoungwolf at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 26 06:58:36 EDT 2008

<<I would really like to know what is happening.  How can it leak, then stop,
then leak, then stop all by adjusting screws (idle and mixture) that should
not have an effect on this symptom (the leaking venturi)?
All that I did besides that was to drive it.>>

My guess is that adjusting of the idle speed screw in opening the throttle plate past the ported vacuum slot in the base of the carb, giving it enough of a "signal" to let gas get pushed up through the cluster. Or, that might be some funky valve stuff going on so that the engine pulse is varying, thus giving erratic signals.
The Carbmeister