<VV> Winter duration (was: Aviation fuel (gas) in Corvairs - Why I asked!)

Daniel Monasterio dmonasterio at megared.net.mx
Tue Dec 2 20:54:50 EST 2008

    Two to three months plus another 2 to 3 months....does that mean that the winter season could last up to 6 months on the Nortern states ?.... Brrrrrr.
    In my area, what we call winter ( 45 to 80 F) goes for some 3 months and winterizing is an unknown word. Vairs can be driven all year.

    Daniel Monasterio

<<Russ,  I don't know how long your winter lay-up period is in MD, but may I
suggest that you park it with 1/3 or less tankful.  After 2 to 3 months, add
5 gallons of freshly purchased 93 car gas and run the engine long enough for
some of the fresh gas to get to the carbs.  Drive it a bit if weather and
road salt conditions permit.  After another 2 to 3 months, do that all over
again.>>