<VV> Winter duration - some Vair

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Tue Dec 2 21:07:45 EST 2008

December 1 came yesterday in Northern IL and brought 3 inches of snow which
brings out the salt trucks.  The Vairs are safely tucked away and don't come
back out to play until after two GOOD rains in the Spring to send the salt
down the drains.  I always want to get them out by St. Patrick's day (3/17),
but am usually unable to make that goal.  They generally come out by mid
April.  We've had snow in May, but not usually enough to salt the roads
again.

I don't know how long the MD winters last, so I gave a range of 2 to 3
months.

Later, JR