<VV> Has the Economic Downturn Changed your Corvair Plans?

Dave Keillor dkeillor at tconcepts.com
Tue Dec 23 20:26:01 EST 2008

See below.

Dave Keillor

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-bounces at corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-bounces at corvair.org] On Behalf Of Matt Nall
Sent: Tuesday, December 23, 2008 6:20 PM
To: virtualvairs at corvair.org
Subject: <VV> Has the Economic Downturn Changed your Corvair Plans?

Will you attend your "Normal" Covair Meets?
   I've never attended a "Normal" Corvair (or Covair) meet.  Corvair
owners are not normal (normal is average and who wants to be average?).
My wife and I will attend several out of town car events (but not the
nationals in FL -- too far).  If gas stays cheap it will be great, but
cost of gas is not a factor.

Will you complete the 2009 projects you planned 6 months ago?
   Probably not, but not because of the economy.  My projects are always
behind schedule.  I hope to make major progress on my long running '65
restoration.

Do you see this as an "opportunity" to add to your fleet?
   No.  Too many cars, too little time.  I am in the middle of a '65
restoration and my '69, one owner, low-mileage Monza is waiting for some
paint.

Will you DRIVE your Corvairs, More or Less?
   About the same and that includes the 17mpg Nova.  The cars are toys,
not daily drivers, so gas prices have not been a major factor.  We do
plan a long road trip, but it will be in the Miata.  Not to save gas,
but it's been awhile since the Miata has had a chance to go out and play
on a long trip.

Not looking for "tales of woe", just an overall "picture"
   No tales of woe, here.  I've learned that things are what they are,
and to have fun in whatever circumstances I find myself.  Life is too
short for "woe".

Matt Nall
Hanging out in SoCal for a while..
are the property