<VV> Corvair Reliablility Queston

Ron ronh at owt.com
Mon Feb 4 17:42:32 EST 2008

The trouble is that after 45 years, you can't predict when a cam gear or
rear wheel bearing is going to fail and the likelihood of a failure is much
higher than when it was new.  Any additional "delicacy" because it's a
Corvair would come from the aluminum heads.  Note that I have lost both a
cam gear and a valve seat in a head when on extended trips of more than 2300
miles.  Now we take our Toyota.
RonH