<VV> Suggestion for the Corvair org site

jwcorvair at aol.com jwcorvair at aol.com
Sun Feb 10 23:30:30 EST 2008

I was working on my 62 sedan this weekend (sunny and spring-like in the Colorado Front Range [sorry Durango]) when I hit a snag with what I need to do to finish the parcel shelf. I would like to keep the back reasonably stock, but was unsure exactly what this area looked like. The previous owner had cobbled together a combination of cardboard and carpet that was just not appealing - so it went into the bin. I retired to my modest collection of Corvair literature, but could not I find the information that I was looking for. I needed pictures of a "stock" interior showing what the parcel shelf looked like.

Now to my suggestion:

More people are starting to restore Corvairs and much of the information available is questionable at best. We have, however, and untapped wealth of information in the Corvairs that compete in the concours at the national meeting. We could collect pictures from the concours cars showing details that are stock and post the pictures on the corvair.org site under a category of "Stock is ..." (This title has previously been used, and I apologize if it sounds like I am plagiarizing it.) Basically, it is a section that might be organized by categories such as body, engine, interior, suspension, brakes, and so on with jpegs showing the appropriate components.

I realize that this might initially be a bit of work. I am certainly willing to help in whatever capacity I can. I want to stress that I am not an expert on what constitutes "stock" on a Corvair, but I can help sort and organize pictures, or whatever this might take. I think that such a data base will help record information about our favorite cars and provide a resource for others contemplating a complete restoration of their car.

Regards,
Joe White (62 sedan, 66 Porvair)
CORSA, RMC