<VV> CORSA National Membership

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Wed Feb 13 13:47:23 EST 2008

The most common example for many Corsa members - (most of the serious
racers) - is SCCA. You cannot join a local SCCA region. You join the National  SCCA
- then choose which local region you want to be a member of. There is  no
geographic restriction. Although I am a San Francisco Region resident, I  could
select a mid-west region if I desired. Since I would be an SCCA member, I  would
still be covered at my local SCCA events. Our local SCCA region  requires
SCCA membership to run our Autocrosses. I realize the Corsa is much  more of a
Grass Roots organization than SCCA, and the National first system  would
probably not work for Corsa. In several clubs - not mine - there are folks  who pride
themselves in NOT being Corsa National members. I think that part  of it is
built into the individuality of the Corvair rubbing off on it's owners.  That,
plus the graying of the average owner/member and the resultant reduction  in
the membership numbers are having their effects on the local clubs. The
current method - as long as the local clubs are honest about reporting  membership
numbers - provides some help to Corsa with the fixed fee for having  less than
100% National membership. - Seth Emerson

In a message dated 2/13/2008 10:08:47 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,