<VV> Enforced CORSA membership

kenpepke at juno.com kenpepke at juno.com
Thu Feb 14 12:14:07 EST 2008

Andy K. said in part:

>Although there are certainly benefits to mandating national club membership - this may
>well be discouraging to the newbies we are trying to attract.  Although most of us don't
>consider the cost of membership onerous ...

There are many clubs, perhaps enough to say most clubs,  that require national membership to be in a local club.  Persons interested in joining those chapters almost always say OK when told that rule ...and join both.

This has been an interesting thread.  Lots of ideas and opinions, and even a few insults, have been expressed but we all need to remember that this is CORSA's decision to make.  To date the Harry and Larry show has not contributed to the discussion and has not seen a need to incorporate such a plan into their business agenda.  You can be sure they are well aware of the members of locals that do not belong to CORSA.  Perhaps they do not feel there are enough to make a change worthwhile.

Ken P