<VV> Enforced CORSA membership

Bill Hubbell whubbell at cox.net
Thu Feb 14 13:37:58 EST 2008

Look, folks, this should be simple.  If a chapter wants to be a chartered
CORSA chapter, their members should all be CORSA members.  If your club
doesn't like forcing 100% CORSA membership then feel free to drop your
club's affiliation with CORSA and strike out on your own.  Of course, you
can still belong to CORSA as an independent member - no reason you have to
join a local chapter.

As for the issue of dues being too expensive for the "kids" to afford,
please, give me a break!  Kids these days spend that much money on a night
out at the movies with their date.  You easily spend that much money on a
tank of gas.  If the kid does not see at least $38 dollars worth of value in
joining CORSA then they aren't likely to see much value in joining a club at
all.

For the record, I joined CORSA when I was 19 years old, in college, broke
and borrowing money.  Sure, the dues were a lot lower in 1979, but so was
everything else (do you remember gas at 33 cents per gallon), so it was
relatively still a good chunk of change.

Bill Hubbell
SCG President