<VV> Enforced CORSA membership

Western Canada CORSA westerncanadacorsa at shaw.ca
Thu Feb 14 15:32:44 EST 2008

All I can say is that it is going to be interesting to see what the results
of the survey are.

I have to disagree with the 100% CORSA Membership for local chapters though.
It may work fine for a group like SCG, which I would think has highly
interested members, but not so much for the local chapters.

We've got members that are highly active in local affairs, but just aren't
interested in joining CORSA, and their main issue is the content of the
Communique.  I've said this before, and I know I'm going to get shot down...
But I personally believe, "if you build it they will come", and by that I
mean re-create the CC into a genuine magazine and market it on retail
magazine racks.  My local Chapters (Cdn equivalent of a big box book store)
has magazines for Antique Tractors, and West Coast Female Bikers to name a
few.  If those kinds of niche markets are viable commercial enterprises,
certainly a Corvair Magazine would be as well.  CORSA Members would receive
this new mag at a better price than at the "newstand".

Don't shoot the messenger, I know all the reasons to join CORSA, and believe
it, I am part of the choir.

But <VV> is by a large extent preaching to the choir.  Most of us here are
in the top 10% for interest and participation.  As I said before, it's going
to be interesting to see the results of the survey.

I'll also make a pledge here.  I've been letting the survey stuff pass me by
because I've been so busy lately.  However, I WILL make the time to make
sure it gets out to all the non-CORSA members I know about, and do what I
can to collect as many completed surveys as possible.  Here's to hoping that
the BOD takes a long hard look at the results and takes some bold action
based on it.

Regards,
Joel