<VV> 100% CORSA membership requirement

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 15 03:09:59 EST 2008

>Not everyone sees it that way.  In my opinion, if you (we) want to
>increase membership, the right way to do it is building out that list of
>benefits -- not in mandatory membership.  If we deliver $38 in value,
>then people will pay $38 to get it.

CORSA seems to have forgotten one of those basic tenants of marketing --
sell your product!

So that might come down to a question of what they are trying to sell --
reading the website, one might think that they are selling Corvairs (Top
Ten Reasons to Own a Corvair) rather than membership in their
organization (no listing of benefits of such membership, and you have to
work your way through the menu maze to find an application to join, and
then you need to click the .pdf version to read it).  Maybe folks are
just supposed to be born into the world knowing they want to join a
Corvair club -- well, maybe I'm not from Missouri, but I still think a
better way is to Show Me! Act like you care! -- I see great pictures of
show cars on the website, but where are the pictures of ordinary Corvair
owners having fun at CORSA events?  Shouldn't the website be a
promotional tool for CORSA and not just the Corvair?

Bill Strickland
Oregon City, OR