<VV> Stripping cars (was Re: any techy stuff going on?)

D. Monasterio dmonasterio at megared.net.mx
Sat Feb 16 19:27:30 EST 2008

   A tip about stripping paint ...

   My best way after the 15-20 minutes wait is using an 1 1/2" scraper sharpened at 45 degrees on a fine grain stone, and pushing it slightly against the surface to be scraped. Removes softened and not so softened paint as it works similarly to a razor blade. I did it with very good results on the 64 Brier. Only some shadows of the original red primer needed to be removed by sanding.

Daniel

<<...you really do need to wait at least 15-20 minutes in some cases before you
scrape it off.  Let it do the work for you.  If you have two or more layers...>>