<VV> Get a Grip - Snow Tire Test - Limited Corvair - Must watch if it snows where you live

Garth Stapon corvair2 at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 16 19:39:59 EST 2008

If it snows where you live, you need to watch this.

My wife's car had studded snows all around and my son still tagged that tree when he hit black ice, but it made me think how much speed he was able to scrub prior to impact.

My view is that it was a combination of abs, VW crash worthiness and studded snows that allowed him to walk away unscathed.

Best $ 1,000 I ever spent (dedicated snows and rims)

http://www.cbc.ca/marketplace/get_a_grip/

Scroll 1/2 way down the page and click on the video link.

And for some Corvair content, I ran my vair for one winter in New England with snow tires and from how that combo worked, I can call it my second snowmobile. (froze my A-- off though....)

Regards, Garth