<VV> Get a Grip - Snow Tire Test - Limited Corvair - Must watch if it snows where you live

Dennis PLEAU ddpleau at msn.com
Sat Feb 16 19:49:13 EST 2008

> Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 19:39:59 -0500> From: corvair2 at earthlink.net> To: virtualvairs at corvair.org> Subject: Re: <VV> Get a Grip - Snow Tire Test - Limited Corvair - Must watch if it snows where you liveGarth wrote <big snip> > And for some Corvair content, I ran my vair for one winter in New England with snow tires and from how that combo worked, I can call it my second snowmobile. (froze my A-- off though....)> > Regards, Garth
I drove my Corvairs daily for the 7 years I lived in Albuquerque and the first 5 years I lived in Colorado in the snow.  Car went great.  Learned early on you didn't want to even think of touching the brake in a corner, because you were going straight if you did.  Lots of rear wheel traction on the snow, very little front wheel traction.

Dennis