<VV> self-sealing tape for PG

Dennis PLEAU ddpleau at msn.com
Mon Feb 18 22:52:16 EST 2008

The magic stuff is some shrink wrap for the Cable TV business.  It is large enough to go over the fitting and shrink down tight against the sheathing.  I has some type of heat activated goo in the inside that seals everything.  Francis Boydston used to sell it at the GWFB&SM when he was still alive.  I think Ken Hand may sell it.

Dennis> ----- Original Message ----- > From: "Zoltan Szilagyi" <starfish77 at gmail.com>> To: "Virtual Vairs" <virtualvairs at corvair.org>> Sent: Monday, February 18, 2008 2:52 PM> Subject: <VV> self-sealing tape for PG shift cables from Flagstaff > convention> > > > Hi folks,> >> > I heard that there was some self-sealing tape being given out at the> > Flagstaff convention. It is a silicone-based tape that seals to itself> > and is quite stretchy to help it pull tight. It's supposed to be> > really handy for sealing leaky Powerglide shift cables.> >> > Does anyone know who had this tape at the convention, what brand,> > etc.? Is there a good source for the correct type of tape for a> > reasonable price?> >> > I found one product online, made by Gardner Bender, that looks> > promising: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00004WLKT . Is this the right> > type of tape?> >> > Other than that, I have looked around locally (Seattle area) with very> > little success; I found something similar to the Gardner Bender> > product in an electrical supply store's catalog, but they don't know> > anything about it and it's a special order item at over $30 / roll.> > Home Depot, Radio Shack, and the auto parts stores have no idea.> >> > Thanks,> > Zoltan