<VV> self-sealing tape for PG

Zoltan Szilagyi starfish77 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 15:34:16 EST 2008

Thanks, everyone, for your helpful responses on this topic. Here's a summary
of what folks have said:

   - Lew Rishel gave me contact info for someone who repairs these
   cables.
   - JR suggested a rubber hose, RTV, and hose clamps, which I believe is
   also mentioned in the CORSA tech guide. I had actually done that on this
   same cable years ago, and I think it worked for a while, but after a few
   years it started leaking again. The added bulk on the cable is also a bit of
   a downside; I'm hoping to remove it and replace it with the tape.
   - JR and Dennis described tape that sounds consistent with how the
   silicone self-sealing tape is supposed to be used. Dennis suggested that Ken
   Hand may be selling it.
   - James Davis suggested Radio Shack and a company called Northern
   Equipment. (I had tried my local Radio Shack, but they had no clue.)
   - James Hogarth confirmed that the Gardner Bender product that's sold
   on Amazon is the right type of tape (see my mail below for a link).

For now, I have ordered some rolls of the Gardner Bender tape. I'm still
waiting for it to arrive. Once I've had a chance to try it out and see the
results, I'll report back.

Once again, thanks for all the helpful suggestions!

Regards -- Zoltan