<VV> hard luck-dead PG

Harry Yarnell hyarnell1 at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 26 15:22:16 EST 2008

Smitty, I had a corvair torque converter go bad as you describe (everything neutral). Been awhile, but I thought the input shaft (turbine) didn't 'connect' to whatever its supposed to connect to inside the torque converter. When inserting the input shaft by itself into the torque converter, it would rotate without any real resistance.
 You can take the front pump cover off and remove the long pumpshaft, and try to get it to turn in the TC (by itself). It SHOULDN't turn, as it should lock to the cover and rotate with the engine.

The corvair TC has a sprag clutch?

harry yarnell
perryman garage and orphanage
hyarnell1 at earthlink.net