<VV> anyone have a diagram for homemade vapor injection?

David Fasgold dfasgold at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 5 15:10:26 EST 2008

Thanks for the info guys. For some reason I didn't see it in my tech guide--guess I didn't look hard enough. Frank, to answer your earlier question: I was interested in the vapor injection because it's supposed to keep the carbon cleaned out. and  it sounds really simple to build. I'm not trying to cure detonation, and I'm  not expecting any boost in power or mileage from the modification. (Car has a 95hp/PG) However, I kind of wondered if adding either one of these mods (vapor or liquid injection) would allow me to get better mileage by leaning out the mixture. Is that possible?
David

FrankCB at aol.com wrote:      David and Dennis,
     Dennis is correct.  Pages 11 to 14 of the  original Fuel-Air System chapter carry info on both vapor and liquid water  injection.  Notice that these are two quite different concepts to achieve  different results.
     Frank "prefers liquid injection in man and engine"  Burkhard

 In a message dated 1/5/2008 12:40:53 PM Eastern Standard Time,  ddpleau at msn.com writes:
 The    proper answer to his question is The write up and diagrams    are in the Tech Guide.  The original tech guide as I remember, not    the supplement.

Dennis

---------------------------------

> From: FrankCB at aol.com
> Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2008 08:50:40    -0500
> To: dfasgold at yahoo.com; virtualvairs at corvair.org
>    Subject: Re: <VV> anyone have a diagram for homemade vapor    injection?
>

> David,
> 1. What kind of    vapor?
> 2. If you mean WATER vapor, then WHY inject water    vapor?
> 3. If you mean WATER injection, then to do any good, it should    be
> LIQUID water.
> Let us know what you're trying to    do.
> Regards,
> Frank "liquid water good for man and engine"    Burkhard
>
> In a message dated 1/4/2008 9:55:53 PM Eastern    Standard Time,
> dfasgold at yahoo.com writes:
>
> Does    anyone have a diagram/photos/instructions for a vapor injection setup?
> I recall seeing one somewhere but forgot where it was.
>    Thanks,
> David

Start the year off right.  Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.