<VV> Late AM/ FM Radio Its alive!!!!

Mike Moyer vairvert67 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 6 00:43:24 EST 2008

I just about gave up hope but tonight after several attempts brought the AM/FM for my 68 back to life.
Started out with a very loud squeal in FM and even louder in AM.
Disassembled farther this time than last couple attempts.
Cleaned every where I could with contact cleaner and a brush.
Reassembled still had squeal but better and started picking up stations in FM.
AM still loud squeal.
Was playing around and moved circuit board when music plain as day began playing.

Apparently a bare wire was touching across the board and I dislodged it.
I installed an insulator and now plays great in both AM and FM

Where can I get the chrome face plate replated?
If I can get that done it would play and look great again.

Mike Moyer
CorvanAntics Editor
1964 Greenbrier Deluxe 110 4sd
1965 Monza Convertible 140 4 spd AM/FM