<VV> Starter question

Robyn Wood robynwood at thelearningpark.com
Tue Jan 8 03:13:22 EST 2008

This self induced issue has been resolved.  Appears that even when you have
diagrams, voltages present on the proper wires, and wires that "fit as they
were made" for the connections, you can still wire things up backwards.

Seems that when your 12v starter to coil wire is hooked to the start side of
the solenoid, the starter wants to turn as soon as the key is in the on
position.

It is an after market solenoid, can't read the terminal markings from under
the car, and it is backwards from the references/pictures in the manuals.

Robyn Wood

'63 Spyder Vert (onto the blown fuses....)